Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Auto Mariscos! (aka guatemalan waterpark)-June 13

On Saturday we got the opportunity to take 15 orphans from Amor Del Nino to the Auto Mariscos, which translated to english means "auto seafood." Hmm something lost in translation there, but I think it leans more to the fun side of sea creatures than to the edible side. But the excitement and fun the kids were having was definitely not lost in translation. With almost the whole team there we were able to really treat the kids to a great day playing in the wave pool, the kiddie adventure area, and the slides, having a huge lunch for all of us, plus we got in a little relaxation of our own. A big thanks should go to Todd and Mike who went to Kairos School instead and finished out a build on a wall and desk for the computer room! Of course it was incredibly special for me to see to see all of Fernanda's little Amor Del Nino friends who she spent the second year of her life with having so much fun: Hannah, Jose, Adrianna, Gladys, Danni, Jaunito, Letty, Jenny... Barbi, Sheila and I fought over Shayla most of the day, I don't think she ever got put down, she was just too much fun. Sheila eventually won out and held Shayla all the way out to the bus even helping her get dried off and dressed. I am holding tight to the memory of Sheila holding Shayla before we left and their contentment and happiness together as part of the fun and love we all shared together at Auto Mariscos that day.

This trip has been an amazing blessing to me and my family. It has truly been like watching a dream turn into reality right in front of my face. I never would have thought that in less than a year from completing our adoptions and developing a heart for Guatemala that I would be a part of leading a team back to serve there. And to serve in such amazing and selfless ways. Thanks to everyone who sacrificed to go and to those who sacrificed to send us.

-Bill

No comments: